Welcome!

My goal for today is that you leave this workshop with a functioning understanding of how to create a blog, receive & moderate comments and how to add some bells and whistles.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Your first comment

....or maybe not. If this is your first time visiting and blog and commenting--welcome! If you've been around the block, then welcome to my blog.

I think that journaling in every subject area is important. I'm a reflection kind of girl and enjoy being able to hash out my ideas and thoughts through writing, but that's me. What about you? How do you think blogging will fit into your curriculum?

16 comments:

  1. Blogging is fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog -- keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blogging is a great way to get the kids to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that blogging is important in every subject. It is a good way to have students reflect on learning. Also, students like to use technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging, Nings, Facebook I'm sorry , but when do people have time to look at all these different things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a blogger were interesting enough in their writting and had the depth necessary for an entertaining blog site, one could possibly sell advertising on the blog if it were to become popular enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging can sometimes be intimidating as an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to using bolgging in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm running hot and cold on the idea of blogging. It's essential that the requirements/questions/tasks be specific, not allowing for students to run rampant away from the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea, but i do not want to feel swamped with many blogging comments. Email is bad enough. Too many electronic items to read. Quicker messages = more time to read and respond more quickly. How will we find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This could be a nice anticipatory set idea or a ticket leave. As is often the case, I have concerns with the access to technology. I think it might work better as a longer range project idea instead of something in class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. may be useful for posting information or reflecting on in class problems and labs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking forward to trying out blogging - it seems like a great way to easily access information and share ideas in any given subject!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get them writing any way you can!

    ReplyDelete